In general, people tend to use massage for a few purposes; relaxation/wellbeing, or to address a specific complaint (such as pain or a limited range of motion). Research suggests that massage therapy may contribute to both goals.
Some of the general benefits of massage therapy may include:
- Physical relaxation
- Improved circulation, which nourishes cells and improves waste elimination
- Relief for tight muscles (knots) and other aches and pains
- Release of nerve compression (carpel tunnel, sciatica)
- Greater flexibility and range of motion
- Some clinical styles may help realign scar tissue as well as help heal tendon, ligament, and muscle tears
Below is a small list of ways that Grit City Health can help you reach your goals.